Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have two questions. None at the moment. High blood

Customer Question
I have two questions ...

I have two questions

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

None at the moment

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High blood pressure

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

My grandmother had it, i'm working on it, not necessarily related to my question though

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
The above is not my question. I'm wondering about two other issues, a knee issue and a genital issue.
I slipped on ice and went knee-first into the corner of my concrete steps about 6 weeks ago. It hurt locally, but I iced it and the pain was minimal. By the next day I didn't noticed anything. A few days later, I went on vacation and something showed up at that spot on the security x-ray at the airport (and also on the way home 5 days later). There still isn't any pain in my knee... but something feels kind of 'loose', and my ham string has begun to get a little sore.My other question is about an annoying vibrating feeling in the tip of my penis. I've read about it online so I know a lot of people have it but I couldn't find any explanations or solutions. Thanks!
By the way, the step contacted my knee at the very top of the shin bone, the little round bone on the side right before the soft spot between shin and knee cap
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Do you have any specific point of tenderness on your knee?

Any history of unsafe sex?

no specific point of tenderness, decades since i had unsafe sex

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5-7 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

also tested clean about 5 years ago

Thanks.

It will take around 4-5 minutes more to write the answer.

Thanks a lot for your kind patience.

oh btw, 45 yrs old

Annoying vibrating feeling on the tip of penis is likely due to prostatitis.

This is a non STD prostate infection due to pyogenic organisms which causes referred pain to penis. To confirm the diagnosis, following are helpful;

1) A digital rectal exam by doctor would elicit tenderness on prostate.

2) A urine culture

3) Semen culture

4) Culture of prostate fluid after prostate massage expressed from penis.

The culture tests not only confirms the infection and causative organisms but also tells about the most efficacious antibiotic to treat it.

The pain in the knee is likely due to tendonitis, muscle strain and ligament sprain. An MRI would confirm it. The treatment is;

1) Knee care in the activities of daily living. Few simple self-care measures can be remarkably effective in ending pain cycle.

a) Avoid prolonged standing or walking or sitting with joint in a single position.

b) whenever you sit, keep the knee stretched and fold them intermittently.

c) Squatting, sitting cross legged should not be done.

d) Avoid climbing stairs.

e) Avoid sitting legs unsupported or hanging.

f) Reduce weight if over weight/obese.

2) Rest: Taking a break from your normal activities reduces repetitive strain on your knee, gives the time to heal and helps prevent further damage.

3) Anti-inflammatory medications

4) Physical therapy; the goal of physical therapy is to strengthen the muscles around your knee and help you regain knee stability. Ideal is supervised physical therapy. Stretching exercises are also part of the physical therapy regime.

5) Orthotics and bracing.

6) Local analgesic cream or spray.

7) Ice compresses.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

thank you very much!

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.