Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife haven't had a bowel movement in four days and

Customer Question
My wife haven't had...

My wife haven't had a bowel movement in four days and feeling weird and have abd. pain

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes went to the ER and they give her a pelvis exam and a ultra sound

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
she have been feeling bad for almost a week and sleeping a lot she tried to use the the bathroom and it was like she couldn't use it
she did have a ultra sound on her ovaries to see if there is a sis on the ovaries because haven't had a period for six months and was bleeding a lot last Thursday and I took her to the hospital and then take her back on Saturday for pain and being weak
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD replied 2 months ago
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD

Hello, my name is***** would be happy to assist you with your health concerns today. Please allow me a few minutes to review and respond to your question.

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is not feeling well. Constipation is a very common cause of abdominal pain/discomfort. Has your wife had any dietary, or medication changes in the past 2 weeks?

she have ate greasy food for the last past two days and the ER give her med.

O​k, thanks for the information. What is the name of the medication prescribed by the ER?

Constipation is usually caused by a lack of fluid intake, increased carbohydrates, dry foods (i.e. rice, cheese, breads, crackers, etc). Interestingly, bananas are also a common cause of constipation.

To resolve constipation, drinking plenty of water is recommended. Consider including prune juice, as a great natural way to stimulate a bowel movement. If your wife desires a medication, look for Senna (sennosides) or Dulcolax (Bisacodyl) over-the-counter.

If none of these interventions are successful, an enema may be indicated. Please let me know if you have any further questions.