Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

It all started with a discharge from my left ear, like wax,

Customer Question
It all started with...

It all started with a discharge from my left ear, like wax, just thinner. Since 3 days it hurts when I sleep on my left side and also when I press the Thyroids. Could that be drainage from the Thyroids? A year ago I had like a size of an egg where the Thyroids are. It went away. Do I have to worry?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have COPD, Asthma

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** am an ENT physician and I will be assisting you today.

The discharge is NOT from your thyroid I can assure you of that. You may have an ear infection which is why you have pain on your left side and discharge. You should see your doctor as you may need antibiotic ear drops. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!