Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Rememdies for smelly groin area and take showers regularly…

Customer Question
Rememdies for smelly groin...

Rememdies for smelly groin area and take showers regularly and wash that area.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Sour smell in the sac area and groin area no fever or rash and eat normal

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

No fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No rash Epilepsy

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD

Hello, my name is***** would be happy to assist you with your health concerns today. Please allow me a few minutes to review and respond to your question.

I​n general, odor from the groin is caused by the combination of sweat, body dander, and fecal bacteria.

There are several options for reducing the odor.

1. Visualize the skin in the groin to make sure there is no rash present. Sometimes a fungal rash can develop and cause a new odor to occur.

2. Try powder application after showers to soak up the sweat that develops in that region. This will reduce the odor.

3. Purchase deodorant/antiperspirant spray, and apply the spray to the groin at the beginning of each day to the groin.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.