Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I fell on my R knee 2 days ago. Could hardly walk and bend…

Customer Question
I fell on my...

I fell on my R knee 2 days ago. Could hardly walk and bend it for a day or two. A lot if pain and muscle spasms. Is somewhat better now but lower leg from knee down feels very cold and colder to touch than other leg. Color is normal. Foot feels warm and pedal pulse is palpable.

Doctor's Assistant: When did the cold begin? Have you used any medication for it?

Today it started intermittently but it is becoming constant

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a pediatrician about the cold?

I'm 44 years old

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Do have a history of arthritis

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

Is the knee swollen?
have pain when moving your foot or leg muscles?

Slightly swollen, all muscles around knee and down lower leg are stiff and sore, calf muscle is sore when walking or moving

Dear *****ient, you should not be alarmed, the symptoms of the leg are due to the inflammation that is generated in the knee and generates slight restriction in the circulation but not to compromise the limb so the leg feels cold.
In this case, the swelling in the knee should be improved and local ice should be applied every 8 hours.
I suggest starting with 400mg ibuprofen every 8 hours for 3 days. and a muscle relaxant like Cyclobenzaprine of 10mg every 12 hours for 5 days.
You should always keep your legs up and be resting.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.