Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I started taking Aciphex (20mg) in the morning a week ago…

I started taking Aciphex...

I started taking Aciphex (20mg) in the morning a week ago and was planning to take it for 4 weeks. For some reason I have heartburn this evening and want to know if I can take Zantac (150mg) or is Mylanta better? Thanks you.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No, just mild heartburn which may b

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have pounds overweight and started my diet a week ago.

3/29/2018

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Actually you can take both the Zantac and the Mylanta and the Mylanta will work nearly immediately for you heartburn

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Please confirm if I understood your reply that I can take either Zantac or Mylanta even if I take a daily 20mg dose of a PPI, Aciphex brand, not the generic.

Yes you can still take both the Zantac and the Mylanta

The Zantac works in a different way from the aciphex

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Where do I rate your response?

The 5 star excellent rating icon should be at the bottom of this page

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor