Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can u transfer herpes 1 to someone if it is dormant and not…

Customer Question
Can u transfer herpes...

Can u transfer herpes 1 to someone if it is dormant and not having a episode or can transter only when there is a episode

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes acyclovir

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcometo Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Yes, it's possible to transfer herpes 1 even when there is no outbreak, but the risk of transfer is much higher when there is outbreak or skin lesion.

Please leave a positive rating by selecting 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question, you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr.Shah

Did you get my answer? Please let me know if you have any follow-up question for me.