Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have RA and it has been active for 2 months. Where my body…

Customer Question
I have RA and...

I have RA and it has been active for 2 months. Where my body really hurt. My doctor gave me a 5 mg once a day prednisone and I started back on Humeria injection (I have taken it 3 times) every two weeks. But my body is still very stiff and hurtful. The blood work shows inflammation and anemia which is from the RA. My question to you is should I be taking more or something else to calm this RA down. my ankles are swelling and this has never happen.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I have been taking the 5 mg once a day Prednisone and two aleve

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No this is it usually very good health but at the end of December I stop taking the humeria and the RA got inflamed

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor replied 3 months ago
DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm a Consultant Rheumatologist and I am reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

If you are still feeling pain and stiffness in the joints and body then you must consult your doctor as this might need an increase in the dose of prednisolone

Another option could be a single shot of methyprednisolone as this can help in relieving the pain

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

My doctor does not do the shots

Then he can increase the dose of prednisolone

He can add some other pain killer for a short period of time like tramadol

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Regards