Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am experiencing so constipation ,After every bowel

Customer Question
I am experiencing so...

I am experiencing so constipation ,After every bowel movement I am in a extreme amount of pain around my rectal

Doctor's Assistant: When did the pain begin? Have you used any medication for it?

I don't what to take for the pain.Its being going on for a week

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

No,I am looking for a GI to go to

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/29/2018
Doctor: Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD replied 4 months ago
Dr. Greg
Dr. Greg, Board Certified MD

Hello, my name is***** would be happy to assist you with your health concerns today. Please allow me a few minutes to review and respond to your question.

Rectal/anal pain that worsens with bowel movements is usually caused by external hemorrhoids. External hemorrhoids occur when the blood vessels in the anus become engorged with blood and inflamed. Sitting on the toilet for long periods of time, and constipation can cause hemorrhoids.

A second potential cause of anal/rectal pain is an anal fissure. This is a small tear in the lining of the anus, which can occur secondary to constipation, prolonged sitting, and trauma, prolonged diarrhea, and various inflammatory conditions.

There are other rare disorders, that can also cause pain in this region (i.e. proctitis, anal fistulas, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, etc)

My recommendation is for you to visit a local urgent care tomorrow, to be examined. Once a diagnosis has been determined, the treatment plan can be prescribed. Please let me know if you have any further questions.