Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have intermittent tender lymph glands on my lower right…

I have intermittent tender...

I have intermittent tender lymph glands on my lower right side. can it be associAted with poster/sitting?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Several years ago and had tests, she said it could be as i get older this happens.Advair, singular and amlodipine for circulation

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Stressed more than usual lately, tend to sleep on right side in fetal position. seems to soften when I stretch or apply warm cloth

3/28/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

okay great

How old are you?

Where exactly is the lymph node? How big is it?

Have you been sick recently? Any fevers or chills?

no this way is fine

OK

60 years old. had a cold with slight fever a couple of months ago. lower right side
my posture is poor while seating at my job- 8 hours in front of computer

You mean the lower right side of your neck correct? How big is it? Can you move it around?

no lower right side of my abdomen
slight tenderness
post menopause

Near your groin?

no more towards hip area
had ultra sounds etc., a few years ago. doctor said it could be sometimes additonal weight and the way I carry myself etc. my stress level has been high lately. not a heavy person but do have some belly fat

OK. This may be something called mesenteric lymphadenitis which is an inflamed lymph node often due to a viral infection. Usually they go away on their own. It could also be related to your posture, especially if you are somewhat hunched over a lot. Stress can also cause some lymph node inflammation. A doctor can feel the lymph node to give you a better idea. Hope that helps.

it does thanks.

My pleasure.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
ok