Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am 16 year old girl. I had an anxiety attack two weeks ago…

I am 16 year old...
I am 16 year old girl. I had an anxiety attack two weeks ago and since then I haven’t been the same. I’ve been experiencing shortness of breath, chest pain, side of breast pain, and it feels like my throat is closing. The things I used to find joy in I have no interest in doing anymore because I’m scared this could be something else. Is this just anxiety or is it something else ?
3/28/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Are you otherwise a healthy person medically? Has it happened before? Anything major happened before attack? How is your sleep?

My sleep is fine. I breathe fine and no I’ve never experienced anxiety before. My father passed last year April but I haven’t thought about it really or been stressed out about it

Do you feel like all those symptoms kick in all of a sudden, and then intensify before setting down. Just like an attack.

I experience them throughout the day. Like I’m feeling them right now

Thanks for the information.

At your age with normal medical background, all these symptoms are most likely due to anxiety and these symptoms are consistent with anxiety. Since it's causing too much distress and happening through out the day, it's better to get it evaluated by your primary care doctor. It would also givem them an opportunity to make sure it's not medical problem. They can also get your prescription meds to control your anxiety so that all these symptoms would subside.

Please leave a positive rating by selecting 5 stars on the top of your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question, you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr.Shah

I’ve been to my primary care doctor and he just checked my breathing and there was no wheezing. He also checked my blood. Can your blood sample show signs of an cancer ?

This is again reassuring that it's not a medical problem, most likely anxiety. Your routine blood testing would indicate if there is any infection or problem in your body. If anything abnormal, further testing is done to rule out major problem including cancer. If you routine blood work was normal, then no need to worry.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
I am now experiencing upper back pain. Should I be worried?

These are all scattered symptoms and most likely anxiety. Try to manage your anxiety and these symptoms would go away. If it's severe you can visit your doctor again to run some tests.

Take care.