Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am breaking out in herpes 1 every month now, used to be…

Customer Question
I am breaking out...

I am breaking out in herpes 1 every month now, used to be every few months. My entire mouth, inside and out, my right eyelid and various other spots on my legs , feet, hand and back. I have taken all prescription meds available with no help. My primary doc says he has never seen anything like me, wants me to go to infectious dz dr in b'ham.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?

2 years and yes, swelling occurs in all areas

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have allergies, seasonal, latex , morphine and sulfa drugs. Pretty much healthy and i do work in a hospital lab,

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Medical
3/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 28 days ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should see an infectious disease doctor

you may also need to see an immunology doctor

and get testing to check your immune system

you may need HIV testing

are you sure it is herpes breakouts? have you had a culture of these ulcers?

have you taken acyclovir or valcyclovir antivirals to see if they help?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I had blood drawn and hsv was high. Hsv 2 was negative. I have been on all anti virals and can not tolerate them nor do they seem to help. Calamine lotion helps me the most. Keeps sores from blistering but can’t put on my face.

I see.

you should see an immune doctor and infectious disease doctor

you need a culture of the ulcers on your face to see if these are herpes outbreaks.

Family Physician, Doctor