Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been bleeding for 15 days consecutively. Started as…

Hello I have been...

Hello I have been bleeding for 15 days consecutively. Started as spotting then blood with brown blood then heavy with brown and red blood, light again and now heavy again . What could this mean ?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I’ve been fine. Extremely tired lately.

3/28/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

What is your age?
Are you taking any medication?
have pain in your belly?
suffer from any illness?
when was your last period?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I’m 24, not severe pain but a little in my lower belly area like cramps off and on. I also have had pain when urinating like I may have a UTI.

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I take my daily fish oil, D3, phentermine ( for weightloss but I’ve been taking it for a while now) and that’s all.

Dear *****ient, in this case, the origin of the bleeding should be evaluated by means of an ecological examination.
The causes of this type of bleeding in young people like you may be due to polycystic ovary and polyps in the uterine cavity,
Other less common conditions are hormonal disturbances and endometriosis.
In view of the length of time, this bleeding has lasted, it is necessary to perform a hematology, since weakness may occur due to this loss of constant blood, reducing hemoglobin.
If necessary, an echo abdominoplasty, a hormonal profile and a gynecological examination should be performed as soon as possible.
For the time being, I cannot suggest that you take more than Ibuprofen for the pain of 400mg every 8 hours, drink plenty of fluids and eat well during the day.
You should request a consultation as soon as possible.
UTI sensation is possible for as long as the bleeding has lasted, the use of sanitary pads for the bleeding increases the irritation of the area.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Could a UTI also be caused by using tampons as well?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you so much I appreciate it

Yeah, it could also have originated from the use of tampons. since the bleeding's been going on for a long time.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas
Edgar Rubio Villegas, Doctor