Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I think I may be having a miscarriage. I have not seen a…

I think I may...

I think I may be having a miscarriage

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have not seen a doctor. I am on Metformin, Lexapro, and Amlodipine

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have very irregular periods, maybe 2-3 a year. I thought I was just getting my period but I've been passing clots and tissue looking pieces

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

I am having lower abdominal pain and in my back. very irregular

3/28/2018
Edgar Rubio Villegas

Hello, I´m Dr. Rubio

Welcome a JustAnswer and thank you for your question.

Please give me a minute to review your question.

What is your age?
Do you have any methods of birth control?
How long does it take to expel clots?
when was your last period?

I am 37 and never been on birth control. My last period was in October. I'm not sure how long it takes to pass a clot, there have been 2 or 3. When I notice a clot it has come after a feeling of pressure and an increase in cramping pain
Also, I am type 2 diabetic and morbidly obese

Please, allow me a moment while I write your answer.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger.

I appreciate the waiting time.

Dear *****ient, in this case, you should perform an ultrasound and a pregnancy test.
Because in view of the irregular periods and her history of diabetes, the first probability is indeed a miscarriage.
Other causes of these clots may be due to hormonal changes and irregular periods.
In your case, I suggest you go to your gynecologist as soon as possible as it is necessary to evaluate the origin of the clots.
I suggest we get you a pregnancy test as soon as possible and a transvaginal ultrasound.
At the moment you can't take anything until you've been evaluated.

Do you have any doubt?

No, thank you

I hope this information will be helpful.

Your satisfaction is my goal. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen so that I can get the credit for helping you. Thank you!

Regards.

Edgar Rubio Villegas