Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am miserable with allergies. And my ribs hurt on the left…

Customer Question
I am miserable with...

I am miserable with allergies. And my ribs hurt on the left side.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It started last week and it hurts when I am standing mostly.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just the allergies. I have asthma and occasion psoriasis.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

Do you have fever, nausea, breathing difficulties?

No but I was charged 3 times.
I use dulera 200.
are you there?

We don't deal with transaction. You will not be charged three times, it's just that you opened three questions at the same time. Your charged amount will be adjusted by our customer service.

okay

Can you tell me where is the pain located and how severe is your pain in 1 to 10 scale? Your age and gender? Is this pain radiating to your left shoulder. scapula?

It's like a broken rib. It's directly in my ribs under my breast.
It hurts intensely sometimes but it's always there
I'm a 68 yr old woman. Very fit.

Do you feel pain when you press in there? Any skin color change, rashes, or swelling? Any change in pain due to deep breathing?

Any stomach symptoms like belching, bloating, acid reflux, heartburn?

When I press it hurts. No skin change or rash.
No a stomach like a goat
Sometimes I take ibubroprophen.
Sorry about spelling.
I did not injure my ribs in any way.

Thanks for the information.

It does not sound like anything serious and certainly not related to your heart or broken bibs. It must be very minor musculoskeletal pain, like costochondritis that can present like this at your age. It's mostly managed at home with conservative treatment such as rest, hot water bag, OTC pain meds like Advil, and avoiding activities that might trigger this pain. Mild stretching exercise is also helpful.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

When I take a deep breath it hurts.
Thank you.

You are welcome!

Thanks for visiting justanswer.

Now you can leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you.