Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My cheeks on both sides are swollen. right in front of my…

My cheeks on both...

My cheeks on both sides are swollen. right in front of my ears

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

Its not my ears. Its my cheeks near my ears.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
when do i get some answers
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
hello
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
just to be clear. I have a swollen area in front of each ear on my cheeks same spot both sides.
3/28/2018
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren ,i have over 37 years of clinical experience,I will help with your query.Can you please attach a few photographs of the problem?Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I don't have a way to do that right now. its like two lumps. one on each side. if you grab your earlobes on both sides and then moved your hands forward towards your nose until they touch your cheeks. that's where it is swollen. I can feel a lump on either side in the same spots

A simple photograph from your cell phone will be adequate.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Hard to tell cause of my beard
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Do those help?

Yes.This appears to be bilateral infection of the Parotid gland or Parotitis.This usually occurs due to mumps which is a viral infection.It is unusual in adults as almost everybody is vaccinated against it during childhood.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
What should I do to make it get better. And is it contagious?

This is also known to occur with influenza virus.Yes,if it is mumps or influenza it will be contagious.There is no specific therapy,but generalised therapy as for viral fever will help.It is a self limiting disease,will probably take about a week to settle down.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you very much. Have a good rest of your day.

Please do rate my answer as 5 stars (the stars are above and to the right of your answer box),thank you.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor