Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have pain, tenderness and stiffness inhips,back neck

Customer Question
I have pain, tenderness...

I have pain, tenderness and stiffness inhips,back neck shoulders, radiating pain in right shoulder with cretin movements or pressure like splepping on my side , which wakes me up at night. Sometimes I forget and then move or try to use my arm and have alot of pain. I am unable to lift my right arm above my head the way I used to and this pain has been slowly progressing . I find I can't use my right arm to pull down the truck in my car sue to pain. My hip pain is not as bad these days but my shoulder is.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No I dont have HA daily although I do have what I migraines during or around my period but they have gotten better, they can last for days and effect one side of my head and neck at a time

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am a diabetic no insulin, HTN non smoker recently gained more weight but working on this > I have had thip and back pain for years but never the shoulder until recently like in the last year has progressed to this

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

what?

Your symptoms are suggestive of;

1) Frozen shoulder.

2) Cervical radiculopathy (pinched nerves in neck).

Majority of people with above problems will respond to physical therapy alone. The program should be daily and assisted by the physical therapist. The regimen consists of active and active-assistive range-of-motion exercises combined with stretching. Within six to eight weeks progress is usually made. Other treatment modalities such as heat and massage may help. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics may also be beneficial. Deep electrotherapy in the form of short wave diathermy, Interferential current, trans cutaneous electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, phonophoresis also are very helpful initially.

You may get an MRI of neck and shoulder for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

no thanks

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Do you have any further questions?

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.