Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a terrible sore throat which is burbelling and

I have a terrible...

I have a terrible sore throat which is burbelling and wheezing when I breath. I also have a course of amoxicillin should I take that?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

Yes I've had a fever and also been sick. I have only had the problem for 4 days but I am flying back to the UK tomorrow and worry about the journey

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No usually I am very healthy

3/28/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
Did you try any medicine?

I have been taking ibuprofen and paracetamol to keep my temperature in check and I have some strepsils to suck
It hurts to talk and so id rather stay online

It is not necessary to call.

It is an automated response.

Some customers want it.

It is website generated.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
As you are having wheezing, you may need bronchodilator which is a prescription medicine.
Sore throat can be due to viral or bacterial.
In bacterial infection Amoxicillin can help.
But before flying you should get your throat checked by doctor and start proper treatment.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Thank you
Kind regards
Denise