Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had some fever for last two days and mild pain sensation…

Hi. I had some...

Hi. I had some fever for last two days and mild pain sensation while urinating. Urinating was frequent. Last night and this morning there were pink drops in urine.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Two or three days. the pain is mostly when urine is expelled. Once that is done the pain subsides

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing really. But I do take Pradaxa twice a day

3/28/2018
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you may have a urinary tract infection

or you could be passing a small kidney or bladder stone which can cause blood.

the pradaxa can increase your risks for bleeding

you should see a doctor and get your urine checked for infection and blood

there are over the counter Azo test kits which can test your urine as well.

OK. I thank you for your answer. I will see a doctor and also buy the Azo test kit. I didnt mention that I am a 73 year old male, otherwise in excellent health,

that is good

I hope you stay in excellent health

drinking more water can help

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 Stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down see the ratings area)
You can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician