Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Just wondering what type of throat infection I have. That…

Customer Question
Hey there! Just wondering...

Hey there! Just wondering what type of throat infection I have. That has lingered between good and bad the past week and a half or so. Just wanted to tell you my main symptoms so I can ease up mentally to know exactly what it is.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you have a cough?

No cough. Went to my doc yesterday for second time. He told me not to worry cause it’s gone from Viral infection to Bacterial and now on stronger antibiotics as the first round of normal ones didn’t really kill the infection. Since I got back from Canberra 2 weeks ago I got the viral infection from my family. My fever and muscle fatigue went after 3 days a week and half ago but my throat has lingered on

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nope. Just wondering that i feel tender in my throat if i try and talk in different ways can cause discomfort in my right side of throat. Along with yawning causes discomfort on my right side and in the middle near Adam Apple discomfort. Nothing on my left side

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Medical
3/28/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 23 days ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Sorry to know about that . Well this can actually happen with initial viral infection later turning into a superimposed bacterial one . It can cause throat discomfort which eases with the help of gargles and anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen .

I would recommend you to do gargles with lukewarm salted water daily and take ibuprofen 400mg alongwith the antibiotic . It would help soften your throat .

This isnt anything uncommon so no real concerns other then just infection.

Hope it helped.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Stay blessed.

Regard

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor