Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I don’t know what to do anymore, I been having this for pass…

Hello I don’t know what...
Hello I don’t know what to do anymore, I been having this for pass 5 weeks. I don’t know what kind of allergies this is, pollen or what. Stuff nose, I have to use a spray to clear to breath easy. Have to blow my nose every minutes, day n night. I’m tired of waking up every hours to blow my nose. Can’t sleep right, sneezing a lot, some cough not much. I try so many different medication over the counter. Plz help me 911
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I can’t effort a doctor so I really need something to clear n stop this feeling. And be able to feel myself again
3/28/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Following measures are likely help you;

1) Rest

2) Plenty of liquids

3) Vitamin C and Zinc supplement.

4) Probiotics.

5) Lemon water (warm) with honey.

6) Tylenol, if bodyache, headache.

7) Deep breathing exercises.

8) Menthol steam inhalation.

9) Warm mist humidifier in room.

10) Nasal saline drops.

You may need to get allergy tests and avoid those allergens.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I can’t effort Doctor o allergy test
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What kind of nasal saline drops u recommend
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What kind of deep breathing exercise
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Sorry I’m new to this simple

Nasal saline drops are over the counter and are of one type only.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
How about Flonase and Claritin-D
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What u think of it

Deep breathing exercises are inhaling as much as possible, holding the breath for maximum time and very slowly releasing it (slow expiration).

Flonase and Claritin-D are good drugs but should be used sparingly.

Chronic allergies need to be dealt by avoidance of allergens.

There is a treatment called SLIT (sublingual immunotherapy). A very tiny amount of allergen is given under the tongue at frequent intervals (3-6 months), which gradually stops the allergy to that particular allergen.

This is done by allergy specialist.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Your symptoms can also be of chronic sinusitis. A coronal CT of the sinuses and/or fiberoptic nasal endoscopy is diagnostic for it. Some physician may recommend nasal smear also to differential the allergy and infection. The aim of treatment is; relieve the obstruction, treatment of the infection, if present, thinning the mucus, and opening the sinus. Following would be the treatment protocol;

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics; if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan.

For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

You may also be looked for GERD / acid reflux, which has increasingly been implicated in causing or exacerbating chronic sinusitis. The exact relationships and mechanisms are presently a matter of speculation, though.

Consulting an ENT (ear, nose throat) specialist would be prudent.

It is privilege assisting you.

May I know the reason of negative rating.

May I please know, how can I further help you, what are your unanswered questions and where did my answer lack (so I can improve on it)? I would be more than glad to help you further.

If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied.

Your symptoms can be due to Rhinitis medicamentosa.

This occurs due to prolonged use of local nose medicines.

Please read about it;

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/995056-treatment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinitis_medicamentosa

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
what I need to do
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What best to take
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Flonase and Claritin-D
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Should I take that?

You can take Claritin-D.

But avoid using Flonase for more than 3-4 days.

Best would be saline nasal drops which does not have any side effects.

A positive rerating would be highly appreciated.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Would that help me to breath

Yes, that would help you breath significantly better.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Okay I gonna give a try
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thanks u

You are most welcome.

I would highly appreciate a positive rating.

A negative rating affects the standing of the expert here on the site.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I brought saline nasal drip from cvs
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
How do I use it the right way? It doesn’t seem to clear my nose to b able to breath
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
As the afrin does
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
What i did wrong

Saline nasal drops will take 2-3 days to act fully.

Afrin as we discussed should not be used for more than 2-3 days.

Since you have been using these local nose medicines for long, it will take couple of days to withdraw.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Just to let u know I using eucalyptus oil, it help me include warm mist humidifier in room I alrdy have work. I also put two drop of that in the warm water. I finally be able to sleep well at night without having to feeling sleeping the next day. Thanks u so much for ur advice. This is good for other in the future...
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I didn’t have to wake up every hours to blow my nose that great news. So it take little at a time hopefully I heal soon

I am sure, you would get better fast.

Thanks for taking time for the update.

My best,

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor