Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Sudden lump in right groin 2 days ago. Tender but not

Customer Question
Sudden lump in right...

Sudden lump in right groin 2 days ago. Tender but not painful. Just got my period. Otherwise feel fine

Doctor's Assistant: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?

No pain. Regular period. 46 year old female. Not sexually active

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Generally healthy. Had gastric sleeve done October 2017- no complications

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/28/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 3 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How large is it?
Soft or firm?
Is it movable?
Is the skin, red, warm?
Did you take any medicine?

Not large, size of grape
Feels hard and doesn’t feel like it moves
No change in skin
No medicines taken

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
There can be a few causes.
It can be an enlarged lymph node.
Lymph nodes can be enlarged from an infection.
Inflammation can cause enlargement too.
These are the common causes.
If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.
Antibiotic can be needed sometimes.
You can take Ibuprofen now.
Warm compress can be soothing.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish you healthy life.
Warm Regards.