Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I try so many allergies medication. What else can I do No I…

I try so many...

I try so many allergies medication

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

What else can I do No I don’t know what else to do anymore, been having this for months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It just started, I don’t know is it pollen that got me feeling this way Stuff nose Drip Sneezing Cough

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Hello I don’t know what to do anymore, I been having this for pass 5 weeks. I don’t know what kind of allergies this is, pollen or what. Stuff nose, I have to use a spray to clear to breath easy. Have to blow my nose every minutes, day n night. I’m tired of waking up every hours to blow my nose. Can’t sleep right, sneezing a lot, some cough not much. I try so many different medication over the counter. Plz help me 911
3/28/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I am an ENT physician. I will be assisting you today.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Okay

You seem like you have very bad allergies.

You must be consistent with nasal saline 3-5 times a day. The most important thing is the nasal steroid spray. Flonase 2 sprays once daily (it takes 3-5 days to work). If that doesn't work you will probably need a prescription strength spray called Dymista (1 spray twice daily). Consistency with the sprays is MOST important.

Besides that, Claritin-D and Singulair are also very important. Hope that helps!

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I taking Claritin non drowsy
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
u think I gotta buy Claritin D instead

Yes, give it a try. It has Sudafed in it which isn't great if you have heart or blood pressure issues, but if you don't have that, give it a try.

You should see an ENT to evaluate your nose to make sure you don't have sinus problems, polyps or a deviated septum. You may even need a CT scan. You can also see an allergist to help find out exactly what you are allergic to.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I was use afrin spray
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
It have me breath
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
But still having clear
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Help me breath

If you use Afrin for more than 3-4 days it can cause rebound congestion and make things A LOT worse. Please stop Afrin. I have seen very bad effects from it.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I need to buy Flonase
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Claritin D

Absolutely! Flonase doesn't work right away so stick to it. I use it myself and it is a life changer.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Sorry I’m new to all this what ENT o CT
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I go buy to soon when I’m heading to work in the morning

ENT is an ear, nose and throat doctor. A CT scan is a type of xray to look at your nose/sinuses.

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I can’t effort to go to get check
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
That why I need information what best to help clear what I going through
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
All I want is to get rid of all this n be able to feel normal

Got it. Good luck!

Stop Afrin, start Flonase and Claritin-D and nasal saline spray.

Dr. A
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD