Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I try so many allergies medication. What else can I do No I…

I try so many...

I try so many allergies medication

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

What else can I do No I don’t know what else to do anymore, been having this for months

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It just started, I don’t know is it pollen that got me feeling this way Stuff nose Drip Sneezing Cough

Hello I don’t know what to do anymore, I been having this for pass 5 weeks. I don’t know what kind of allergies this is, pollen or what. Stuff nose, I have to use a spray to clear to breath easy. Have to blow my nose every minutes, day n night. I’m tired of waking up every hours to blow my nose. Can’t sleep right, sneezing a lot, some cough not much. I try so many different medication over the counter. Plz help me 911
3/28/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I am an ENT physician. I will be assisting you today.

Okay

You seem like you have very bad allergies.

You must be consistent with nasal saline 3-5 times a day. The most important thing is the nasal steroid spray. Flonase 2 sprays once daily (it takes 3-5 days to work). If that doesn't work you will probably need a prescription strength spray called Dymista (1 spray twice daily). Consistency with the sprays is MOST important.

Besides that, Claritin-D and Singulair are also very important. Hope that helps!

I taking Claritin non drowsy
u think I gotta buy Claritin D instead

Yes, give it a try. It has Sudafed in it which isn't great if you have heart or blood pressure issues, but if you don't have that, give it a try.

You should see an ENT to evaluate your nose to make sure you don't have sinus problems, polyps or a deviated septum. You may even need a CT scan. You can also see an allergist to help find out exactly what you are allergic to.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

I was use afrin spray
It have me breath
But still having clear
Help me breath

If you use Afrin for more than 3-4 days it can cause rebound congestion and make things A LOT worse. Please stop Afrin. I have seen very bad effects from it.

I need to buy Flonase
Claritin D

Absolutely! Flonase doesn't work right away so stick to it. I use it myself and it is a life changer.

Sorry I’m new to all this what ENT o CT
I go buy to soon when I’m heading to work in the morning

ENT is an ear, nose and throat doctor. A CT scan is a type of xray to look at your nose/sinuses.

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD
I can’t effort to go to get check
That why I need information what best to help clear what I going through
All I want is to get rid of all this n be able to feel normal

Got it. Good luck!

Stop Afrin, start Flonase and Claritin-D and nasal saline spray.