Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve been having pains around my body for the last couple of…

Customer Question
Hey I’ve been having...

Hey I’ve been having pains around my body for the last couple of weeks, pains come on and off primary on my left hand and when it comes on I can’t use my hand without a lot of pain, my back also has the same pain and my foot at the moment, I also feel it on my sides next to my abbdomen/kidney area, it feels like something to do with my veins or circulation, do these symptoms match up?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Just to stop using my hand

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

If I leave it for a couple of minutes it will go away

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/28/2018
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

I'm very sorry this is happening

can I ask how old you are?

what have you considered as a possible cause or what are you worried about?

20 years old
it feels like circulation issue
I can't think of anything in particular, but it could be from multiple things that are effecting my blood pressure

Generally this is a nerve related issue

Circulation issues would generally start in the tips of the extremities

pain all over like this is usually a nerve

At your age, I would consider something autoimmune

Like lupus, rheumatoid or fibromyalgia

I would see your GP for some blood work to start.

Get an ANA and sed rate and go from there.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!