Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was just looking to find info on dizziness. Not often but…

I was just looking...

I was just looking to find info on dizziness. Not often but once in a while I get a strange feeling of dizziness. It's just a wave because it doesn't last.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Just a wave of dizziness

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Oh there's lots. I have copd, diabetes 2, and have had a triple bypass. I have controlled high blood pressure and controlled high cholesterol.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Just had my blood tests in February and they took my blood pressure then. It's well controlled.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you? Male/ Female?
Since when are you having the symptom?
Do you have any other symptom?
Did you consult doctor or have any test for it?

I'm 60 years old. I've been getting these waves for about a year. I never remember to say anything to my doctor because they don't happen very often but it did happen today.
Are you still there?

Please wait.
I am writing the answer.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
The dizzy feeling can be due to many reasons.
Fluctuation of blood pressure, glucose can cause it.
Anemia, dehydration can be factors.
On standing from sleeping posture there can be fall of blood pressure.
Heart issues, rhythm abnormalities can lead to the symptoms of dizziness.
It can occur from anxiety or stress or a neurological issues too.
BPPV or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is a common cause for vertigo & dizzy feeling.
It is due to displacement of inner ear crystals.
Repositioning can help to correct it.
I would advise to get an examination by doctor.
Till then,please try to keep well hydration by taking plenty of fluid.
Anxiety, stress needs to be avoided.
Please remain at rest when the episodes occur.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)