Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I just did a dermoid laparoscopic surgery three weeks ago…

I just did a...

I just did a dermoid laparoscopic surgery three weeks ago and one of my incision that is in my belly button is really itchy and red. I want to how to deal with it.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Just one week. the first two weeks were good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

And my surgery doctor told me to use hydrogen peroxide to clean my belly button im not sure whether it is correct or not

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

thanks. in addition, there is yellow liquid coming out from my belly button and smell bad.

It sounds like the wound is infected. I would suggest clean it with hydrogen peroxide and apply baitracin ointment over it. If it does not get better n few days then see your doctor as you might need oral antibiotics.cold compresses can help relieving the itch.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

can i take shower everyday? and my doctor told me that it did not look like infected.

Yes,you can take shower every day and if your doctor examined and ruled out infection then nothing to worry about.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Thanks!

Glad I could help!