Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Had a kidney stint put in 5days ago still c some blood in…

Customer Question
Had a kidney stint...

Had a kidney stint put in 5days ago still c some blood in water is this common

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Perfect only for I have a kidney stone

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Don’t have any more health issues

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/27/2018
Doctor: Ross, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Ross
Ross, Doctor

Hello Dr Ross IM a urologist I will try to help

Yes it is very common to have blood when you breath in and out the stent moves against you bladder and in the ureter some causing some bleeding, very important to push water

If you were given tamulosin this can decrease some irritation

I’m satisfied so glad to hear was starting to worry .can I pass the stone with a stint in?

until the stone is treated there can always be bleeding, and with the treatment blood the system is very vascular does not like the stone or stent

no usually depending on the stone size the stent will dilate the ureter some but if bigger than 4 mm unlikely

you will need a laser treatment probably

Ok thanks

how big is the stone

6mm

you will need cystoscopy ureteroscopy laser lithotripsy the stent will make it easier to get up to treat

depending on the edema in the ureter you may or may not have a stent for a few weeks after treatment

water is your friend

How long do u have a stint in before they do surgary How long do the surgary take

I like in for 2 weeks surgery about 30min to an hour depending on how high up the ureter the stone is

that is also dependent on if you had an infection

if an infection you leave longer to be safe

I hope this helped 5 star ratings appreciated thank you

Thanks for your anwers

water , less sodium in diet, less fructose beverages

U got the 5 star rating thanks

thank you drink get that urine clear by 3pm yellow in morning

please enter rating into system thank you