Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is 100mg of testosterone gel (one packet of 50 mg jell in…

Is 100mg of testosterone gel...
Is 100mg of testosterone gel (one packet of 50 mg jell in the morning after a shower and packet 50 mg at night) pretty standard?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will try to assist you today.

Thanks

What is the strength of the testosterone gel that you are using? 1.62%?

This is it

The usual starting dose is 50 mg of testosterone. This can be increased up to 100 mg per day depending on your response to 50 mg. Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!

What might be a bad reaction to too much testosterone? Ex: if the dr said 100mg a day, what signs might show that it is too much?
Or symptoms I should say

Oily skin, acne, increased red blood cell production, baldness, aggressive behavior, impulsiveness, etc.

Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD