Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was having some upper abdominal pain that started after…

Hi I was having...

Hi I was having some upper abdominal pain that started after having an energy drink, and some minor bloating, and was wondering if there's a something I can do.

Doctor's Assistant: When did bloating begin? Have you used any medication for it?

I would say a few hours after the energy drink, and no I haven't. Thought maybe it was due to lack of fiber, and it would subside after a little bit. Bloating seems to have gotten a little better but I still have slight upper abdominal pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the pain?

No because it happened once before, and went away pretty quickly, and didn't happen again for quite a while. Thought it was an odd food I ate before.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing that I know of, I did have a hernia around 5 years back, but that was below my waist line.

3/27/2018
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

That is most likely some acidity or intestine finding difficulty digesting the drink. This usually gets better in few hours. I would suggest taking peppermint and ginger tea and you can take tylenol for the pain meanwhile.It does not sound anything serious so give it some time.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Could it take longer to subside? I've had the abdominal pain pretty much all day. I had just recently started taking powdered protein, and thought that with the energy drink might be causing some issues?

Yes, it can take about 12 to 24 hours but if it worsens or do not get better in 24 hours do see a doctor for examination.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor