Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have more blood result. Can you evaluate them also?

Dear Doctor, I have more...
Dear Doctor, I have more blood result. Can you evaluate them also?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** am US trained, Board Certified with 30 years of patient experience. Please allow me a moment to review your question.

Do you still need help with your question?

Hello. Yes. I am trying to find out why suddenly I suffered huge hair loss. I am 46 years old female.
Main lab test.
I have IUD with hormone for years.

Thank you for this additional information. A common reason for hair loss is Thyroid Gland function. Your tests were all normal, except there is NO evaluation of your Thyroid function. Discuss getting blood tests to evaluate your Thyroid. Your other blood tests are all within the normal values. So, the reason for your hair loss is either thyroid or an infection on your scalp. Discuss with your doctor.

I hope I have addressed your concerns. Have I?

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned your 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Any additional thoughts, questions?

Thank you for your evaluation. The T3 and THS results don't show that my thyroid is working normally? I used to see Endocrinolog and I had low thyroid function. Border line. Later (few years back) he decided that I didn't need the low dozes of medication I took.

Your blood tests did not evaluate your thyroid function. You need to have them drawn before you know if you need to go back on your replacement medication. May I suggest you go to see your Endocrinologist.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Dr. Stan, my blood test result show values for TSH and T3. Maybe you did not see the test. Is it not indicator for thyroid function?

I'm sorry I missed "page 2" of what you sent. You are correct, your labs are within a normal range. The only abnormals on your tests are your red blood cells (slightly elevated). I doubt this is the cause of your hair loss, but please see the Endocrinologist for further evaluation and cause.

can you tell me what are the beta, alpha indicators for?

These are to evaluate DNA and RNA proteins to see if there is any possible inherited disease. Your proteins are all within a normal range.

Thank you for your advice.

You are welcome.