Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was talking to you about bilirubin. I made a mistake it…

I was talking to you...
I was talking to you about bilirubin. I made a mistake it was the illase that was high. I just got a call from the doctor. She my illase is higher than last week. She says everything else is fine.i am worried
3/27/2018
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello again. By any chance are you referring to lipase? And do you know how high it is now versus what it was last time? (Both numbers if available)
No doctor . I don't . It must have jumped a lot. She wants me in the hospital tonight on fluids. And do a ultra sound in the morning. Could you give me an opinion.
I see, thank you for that additional information. It’s sounds to me like your physician is concerned you are having a case of pancreatitis, which would explain an elevated bilirubin, lipase and instructions for hospital admission, IV fluid hydration and observation. All of this is standard of care and good medical practice for pancreatitis, truly “by the book” in terms of medical guidelines.
Can I answer anything else?
The bilirubin is Normal as all other tests. I was mistaken when I told you the bilirubin level is high. Just the lipase
I see, thank you for the clarification. Still, with an elevated lipase and instructions home, it still sounds to me like pancreatitis. Your doctor’s plan is completely appropriate and safe, I recommend adhering to her instructions. Do you have any other questions I might help you with?

I hope I have provided you with helpful information in answering your question. Please let me know if you need anything else. If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a 5 star positive review. I am sure your physician will continue to take excellent care of you to ensure your good health. I wish you well.

Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD