Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm a 63 year old and i would like to know why i sweat so…

I'm a young 63...

I'm a young 63 year old and i would like to know why i sweat so much.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

thyroid and mild happy pill.an aspirin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so oh i take prilosec for acid reflux. Haven't discussed with my doctor.

3/27/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How long is it going on? Any tiredness, wt. loss? Is your thyroid normal?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thyroid is fine with my med. Been going on a couple years. Weight is same
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
hello

Thank you for the information.

Based on your description, you seem to have this problem for a while without self-recovery. There are many diseases that can present with sweating at your age, some of them require further evaluation to reach final diagnosis. Some of the common causes are: Anxiety,meds,alcohol, GERD, diabetes, thyroid problems, infection, hormonal imbalance or malignancy. Just for your information, occasional night sweat may not be that significant, but it’s happening more frequently in your case and must be investigated. In your case, hormonal cause is very likely but must be confirmed with blood test.

In the meantime, you can do a few things to ease your symptoms such as keep yourself cool and avoid hot environment, watch what you eat and avoid the triggers, relax and do some meditation.avoid smoking, lose weight. There are many dietary supplements to manage these symptoms, you can get the one with plant estrogen, black cohosh etc.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question, you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor