Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have had a slight dissension above my pelvis below waist

Customer Question

I have had a slight dissension above my pelvis below waist line. Seems to change in size slightly. Uncomfortable when I cough (actually bend over so no discomfort). As been noticeable for 6-8 months and had a physical in January and doc said no worries, no hernia. Last couple of days have heard stomach gurgling kind of sounds once in awhile and this morning I was like wow that is noisy and pressed on it and sounded like I passed gases and a few seconds later I did pass gas. Traveling for a couple of days put can go into the office Thursday but wondering if I should be concerned?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Cough is a deep chested cold I have had for 2 weeks or so. It seems like it is starting to resolve finally but still hacking up some stuff. I am very active in excellent health (play racquetball) and 57.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had 2 hydro seals (1 20 years ago and 1 a year ago). No other issues of any kind. Very active.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor Jennifer replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr Jennifer and I'm a surgery fellow.

Is the bulge on one side or the other?

Have you ever had surgery?

How old are you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Right side. Have only had hydro seals but both sides. One 20 years ago and one last February. 57 and in very good health. No meds. Very active.

Hmm, ok. Was the hydrocele done through the scrotum or through the groin? And which side is 20 years old?

Is the bulge near the scar of the hydrocele surgery if it was done through the groin?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The bulge is more like a general puffiness in the area about 4” by 5”. A couple of inches above my penis on my right side. Looks feel like it could be 1/2” to an inch distended. But when it gurgles and I push on it definitely feels like gas passing somewhere. No pain at all. Just uncomfortable to cough without bending over first.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I lost you earlier when an add popped up. Just saw the email with another question. Any thoughts?