Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has been having small irritations on his penis…

Customer Question
My husband has been...

My husband has been having small irritations on his penis after we have sex. I have some small itchiness as well. I had my pap done last week and that came out ok?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

Yes this is first time. We are both heathy I am 38 & he's 44. We have no medical issues.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I previously had herpes when I was pregnant with our 1st son they found during a check up but after his birth I haven't had since then.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/27/2018
Doctor: Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Board Certified MD
Hello
Hi...Welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani and I am here to help you today. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Health Care at a tertiary care referral hospital. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Hi...by what you say I don't think this is herpes related.
The most common cause for such symptoms is yeast infection of the vagina.
The symptoms are classically fitting in.
It does not mean that you have a sexually transmitted disease.
Yeast infection though can be spread sexually - it is not the sole reason.
It's a very simple and easily treatable condition.
A course of Fluconazole available commercially as Difulcan will give excellent results. But this is a prescription drug and you will require a doctor's prescription for it. Your gynecologist might take a swab for culture and sensitivity and a fungal mount preparation to identify the species and the best drug of choice based on sensitivity.
I suggest you consult with your gynecologist regarding this please.
" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani