Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’ve kissed someone and the next day my lip was swollen on…

Customer Question
Hi, I’ve kissed someone...

Hi, I’ve kissed someone and the next day my lip was swollen on one side and then started to decreas in size but then started peeling and I’m worried.

Doctor's Assistant: When did the swelling begin? Have you used any medication for it?

The next day after and no I just use aloe gel on my face daily

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about the swelling?

No, the swelling started decreasing already also

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/27/2018
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

How long did this episode of kissing last? Was there any trauma associated with kissing? What is your worry regarding this?

There was no trauma associated with kissing and the kissing lasted for about 5 minutes I’m not exactly sure. My worry is I’m concerned and have anxiety.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

What is your concern and why do you have anxiety regarding this?

Just worried that’s all

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

A long kiss will cause inflammation and swelling. So, your lip swelling is related to the kissing. Due to the swelling, the lip skin can be stretched and then start peeling. Therefore all your symptoms are normal and as a result of the kissing. They do not indicate an underlying disease. Also, these symptoms are transient and will resolve in a few days without causing any complications or permanent effects. So, you can relax and I see no reason why you should be worried.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Please rate the answer with 5 stars.

Thank you!

Dear customer,

Were you able to read my answer?

Do you have any further questions?

Thank you!