Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

This is a little weird but i have a stool question. I dont…

Hi yes this is...

Hi yes this is a little weird but i have a stool question

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I dont have really any symptoms. ive noticed that i dont need to go until a couple days later or when i do go not much comes out

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

In febuary i went on a cruise to cozumel, so i dont know if i have gotten a realy bad parasite or whats going

3/27/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How old are you? Has it happened before? Do you have any medical illness or taking meds? Do you pass hard stool every time? How much is your mobility/exercise?

Hi! I am 20! I don’t have any medical illness. Im taking birth control pills. I used to pass hard stool all the time. And no this normally doesn’t happen. On the cruise back in February I had some diarrhea. Now I’ve noticed that my stool is much softer. And I can eat a lot of food for days and then when I go only a little comes out. And I normally go to school in the morning, come home and for the rest of the day I’m sitting or laying in bed studying. Some days I’m more active, runnig around town.

Thanks for the information.

If it's just a change in consistency from hard to just formed without any symptoms, then it's actually better. Most people occasionally see change in bowel movement pattern and consistency and it's not considered pathological. If you are passing 3 or more stool per week, then you are fine. You just have to increase your mobility, drink adequate water, eat high fiber diet, and don't avoid the urge for bowel movements. Doing some exercise will also help you.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Than you!! And if I pass very little tho and it’s 2-3 times a week. Is that still okay?

Amount can vary depending upon what you eat, but you can increase fiber intake so that your stool volume will increase. As long as your are getting around three, it's okay. But try to regulate your bowel so that you get it everyday.

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor