Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I've had blood in my stool for 2 days now with mild

Customer Question
I've had blood in...

I've had blood in my stool for 2 days now with mild cramping

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Good

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing major

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Doctor: Dr. Shah, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

Welcome to Justanswer!

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now.

How old are you? How much is the bleeding? Is it at the end of bowel movement or mixed with stool? Any diarrhea, fever, nausea?

I am 27
When I urinate its tinted orange, stool is coated in blood
no nausea
little feverish from time to time

Thank you for the information.

Passing blood in stool is not normal and there must be a reason behind it. Many times bleeding is the first sign of disease, so proper evaluation is required. There are many causes of blood in stool, some of them are hemorrhoids, fissures, polyps,inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis, tumor. Since the amount of bleeding is small and stool is coated with blood, the possibilities of polyps and lower GI inflammation has to be ruled out. It could also be due to hemorrhoids, which is very common at your age, but usually presents with bleeding and pain at the end of bowel movement, may also coat stool. At your age, causes are usually minor and treatable. However, other causes has to be ruled out. If it's hemorrhoids, preparation H is helpful.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah