Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been taking olmesartan 20 mg for 2 weeks. Five days…

I have been taking...

I have been taking olmesartan 20 mg for 2 weeks. Five days ago I woke up with a swollen white tongue. the white color went away after two days but the tongue is still swollen, How serious is this? No problem swallowing. A slight sore throat. Should I stop this med?/

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

A lot of antibiotics that's all. No other meds.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I took Diovan for 13 years and it became ineffective. I have Lupus. No meds for it. Olmesartan and Hctz are the only meds I'm on.

3/27/2018
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How old are you?
Do you have any other symptom?
Any recent illness?
Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Did you take any other medicine recently?

Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Call me.
I am 73 years old. No other symptoms of angioedema. No recent illness. I called my doctor. She said she had never heard of a swollen tongue from an ARB. No other meds.
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Consultant
Phone call session started