Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

For the past two weeks I've had large boogers in my nose.

Customer Question
For the past two...

For the past two weeks I've had large boogers in my nose. Even bloody. I diabetic type two, recently diagnosed does that have something to with it? I've never had this before

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

About two weeks. No not trouble breathing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've got tachycardia and high cholesterol

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/27/2018
Doctor: Dr. A, Board Certified MD replied 3 months ago
Dr. A
Dr. A, Board Certified MD

Hi, my name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

First of all, how old are you?

Do you take any blood thinners like aspirin or coumadin?

Any recent trauma to the nose or frequent nose blowing?

I'm 44 take no blood thinners and no trauma

OK. The boogers and blood are likely unrelated to the diagnosis of diabetes.

Big boogers and bloody nose are often due to dry weather causing dryness within the nasal cavities. This can often lead to the formation of boogers/crusting as well as bleeding. The best thing to do for this is to apply vaseline ointment to your nostrils twice a day and use nasal saline spray 3-4 times per day to help keep everything moist.

Hope that helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a 5-star rating. We can continue to speak even after you rate if you would like. Thanks!