Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What causes some of my fingernails to curl and bend downward…

What causes some of my...
What causes some of my fingernails to curl and bend downward when they get long?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor

My name is***** and am reviewing your question now. I will respond to your question or request additional information shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you, ***** *****

Is it happening in all your nails? Anything unusual in look or texture or sign of infection?

It's only my index finger on my left hand and my middle finger on my right hand. There is nothing unusual as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the information.

If you do not have any other symptoms or illness, then this is insignificant and are harmless.

Curved nails are actually an indication that something is going on in your body, but not the illness by itself. It has been associated with lungs problem, vitamin deficiencies, and may run in families too. Since you do not have any illness, no action required.

Please leave a positive rating by clicking stars on your screen so that I can get the credit for my time with you. If you have any follow-up question,you can reply to this post.

Regards,

Dr. Shah

Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor