Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a problem with my hands drawing up. Usually fingers…

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with my hands drawing up . Usually fingers or thumb I am 85 years old and am aware Thai age may be part. Of the problem. If it is diet or something I can do to help I will do. Thanks

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I am very active as a carpenter cabinet maker and other trades most of my work is personal or volunteer . I have a blood pressure condition which is well controlled since 1980 I takeatenalol simvastaten and a baby aspirin each day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had prostatecancer that was treated with radiation and seems to be no active also I had lung cancer the lower one of my right lung was removed about six years ago and am having a annual x ray that comes back clear

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

what do you mean your hands drawing up?

are your fingers retracting and bending? this can be a sign of rheumatoid arthritis.

there are blood tests and treatments for rheumatoid arthritis which could help you

but you have to see your doctor for testing