Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

How do I find out if I have chlamydia? I have not..No

Customer Question
How do I find...

How do I find out if I have chlamydia?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have not..No medications..

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take no medications and I am not allergic to anything..

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/27/2018
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well at least 70% of women with chlamydia don't notice any symptoms. If they do get symptoms, the most common include:

• pain when urinating
  • unusual vaginal discharge
  • pain in the tummy or pelvis
  • pain or bleeding during sex
  • bleeding after sex
  • bleeding between periods
  • heavier periods than usual

Diagnosis

• using a swab – a small cotton bud is gently wiped over the area that might be infected, such as inside the vagina or inside the anus

The results will normally be available after 7 to 10 days

Hope it answers your query.

No....I am a man.

Alright well sorry for that .

At least half of all men with chlamydia don't notice any symptoms. If they do get symptoms, the most common include:

• pain when urinating
  • white, cloudy or watery discharge from the tip of the penis
  • burning or itching in the urethra (the tube that carries urine out of the body)
  • pain in the testicles

DIAGNOSIS

• urinating into a container – this should ideally be done after at least one or two hours since you last urinated
Not helpful at all..
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

What specific information can I help you with?

How do I find out if I have chlamydia?

You will have to provide a urine sample.