Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Trying to see what's going on with my head. A few weeks. No…

Customer Question
Trying to see what's...

Trying to see what's going on with my head

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

A few weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I have a picture

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
3/27/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 3 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Please post the picture.

What is your age?

What are your symptoms and since when?

Ok, 34 lumps on scalp and hair loss
Male too

Reviewing the pictures.

Since when are the lumps and hair loss?

Few weeks

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

This is likely to be alopecia areata, which is autoimmune disorder of hair follicles.

This may rarely cause skin swelling.

A biopsy of the skin and hair follicle may be advised for the confirmation of the diagnosis.

Steroid cream and Minoxidil are the treatment.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

What about out dissecting folliculitis as possible
It's been swollen and spongy feel

There is a possibility of it.

Usually there is pain associated and other signs of inflammation like tenderness.

It is privilege assisting you.

It is tender to the touch
Googling that alopecia areata the pictures don't look anything a like
It has been painful not so much anymore

Hair follicle infection is a possibility but symptoms usually are more significant.

Biopsy is the clinching for the diagnosis.

What you mean more significant
You haven't told me anything I didn't know
Isn't dissecting folliculitis a hair follicle infection