Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Pulsating mild periodic discomfort pain below the thyroid.

Pulsating mild periodic discomfort...

Pulsating mild periodic discomfort pain below the thyroid

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Fifteen minutes not severe just tingling pulsating off an on

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

On famiclover for past year and a half . Aged 63 past history of rheumatic fever but all ok in that respect

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Is there swelling, tenderness, redness, shortness of breath, chest pain, heartburn, acid reflux?

Any unaccustomed activity in last 2-3 days like prolonged watching TV or working on computers / monitors?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No to first sentence. I was watching TV for two hours straight. I have had a dry cough for about two weeks off and on but not like a cold cough. I have felt very fatigue and tired lately and my thyroid functioning test a year ago showed very slight under active thyroid. Could it be muscular. It is an unusual pulsating nerve small spasm type pain

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Our first intention is to rule out any significant medical issue. It does not seems to be related to heart or lung disease.

With your recent history of watching TV for prolonged hours can be related and this can be muscles strain. Neck muscles are attached on the sternum at the base of neck.

With fatigue and past history of mild hypothyroidism, it is recommended to repeat the thyroid function tests. If further progression is noted in hypothyroidism, thyroid supplement may be considered.

You may take Ibuprofen now.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you. I do have a whip lash neck and does feel stiff. Never thought of the neck as it an unusual little spasm pulsating intermittent pain in throat area below thyroid. Thank you . Makes sense

You are very welcome.

Nothing worrisome, I can reassure you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
reassurred. Will have the thyroid test just in case. Thank you Five star.

Thanks for rating.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor