Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I apologize for sendingyou pictures of my penis but I’m

genuinely concerned. Around the opening to...
I apologize for sendingyou pictures of my penis but I’m genuinely concerned.
Around the opening to my urethra is very sensitive and I’m concerned with all the little bumps and discoloration?
Is anyone there
3/27/2018
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i have over 37 years of clinical experience ,I will help with your query.This is not the normal state of the urethral meatus,it appears that you have been putting some objects into the urethra.The discolouration is due to trauma(the bluish colour appears to be secondary to trauma),the small bumps around the glans where the meatal opening should be is probably due to irritation or contact allergy.You need to see your doctor/or a urologist regarding this.

I have not put anything in there. I only used eczema cream I this area per Dr. Chip thinking that I may have eczema on the head of my penis.
Does this appear to be a disease. Could it but a sign of herpes or herpes related?
It hasn’t felt normal for almost 4 months now. I have an appointment to see a urologist next week. My suspicion is that it might be herpes.
By the way, I’m actually opening the entrance to my penis so that you can see the bumps around the outer edge better. It’s not permanently open like that.

Please send a photograph without opening the meatus,thank you.

I

Stop using the eczema cream,there is nothing wrong with the meatus and glans,the picture is normal.The bumps will disappear once you stop the cream.No medication or treatment is required,there is no evidence of herpes or any other disease currently.

I appreciate your response. I’ll stop using the cream immediately. However what is making it itching, tingling and sensitive?
Thank you

The itching ,tingling and sensitivity may be secondary to a fungal infection if a musty odour is there .Use of simple lotrimin/Clotrimazole cream for 3weeks will be enough to correct that.You can wait for a few days after stopping the steroid cream to see if that is needed.

That’s the whole thing doctor there isn’t. It doesn’t make any sense why it feels like this.

Perhaps stopping the steroid cream is the only thing required.

Actually it was there prior to me using it.

Anxiety,stress and depression are also known to cause similar symptoms .Use of a SSRI like Sertaline/Zoloft or Amitryptilene/Tryptomer would be helpful in the long run.These drugs take between 6-8 weeks before their action is seen.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Ok thank you doctor