Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I feel almost 6 days congestion in the throat without heat…

I feel almost 6 days...
I feel almost 6 days congestion in the throat without heat does not cause edema of the heart or rheumatism of valves without treatment. What is the treatment and does it take a period of congestion if it is not heat does not cause a problem in the heart valves
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, Thanks for the question, and I am very glad to help you again with your health concerns.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Welcome good morning

Good morning

Please see, there is absolutely no reason to suspect rheumatic heart disease in you

This is a disease, as I had mentioned earlier too, is a disease of childhood

If you have had developed rheumatic heart disease during childhood then you may experience rarely such heart condition during adult hood too

But not otherwise, means if you have not had experienced rheumatic heart disease during child hood then there is no need to worry about this condition now because you are well past that age

And also not all throat infections cause damage to the heart or heart valves

It is just certain strains of streptococcal bacteria cause this condition

But most often throat infections are caused by viruses or other bacteria

But even if you are suffering from streptococcal infection still this is unlikely going to cause the heart of heart valve issues in you for the reasons mentioned earlier above

Once again, I can categorically reassure you, there is certainly no possibility of you developing any heart or heart valve damage or edema of the heart or any other heart conditions, as mentioned earlier above around your age this is not going to be a problem and this typically occurs in young children and certainly not around your age, your heart & heart valves are 100 % very healthy and will also remain 100% very healthy, so please not to be scared.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & professional effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now will not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Lack of heat in the body is more important for this disease

Irrespective of the status of body heat or temperature, you are not going to develop any heart disease secondary to this throat condition for sure.

If you are not having fever then it is once again a very good sign, it implies you are not having streptococcal bacterial infection so lack of fever is certainly beneficial to you and lack of fever also indicates you are definitely not going to develop any heart disease, but anyway this disease is a disease of childhood, so absolutely nothing to worry about it.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you very much for reassuring him again I trust you very much

You are very welcome! My pleasure! I am very glad you found the above information helpful

And thanks for your the trust on me too!

Once again, absolutely no possibility of any heart muscle or heart valve etc damage in your case due to this episode of throat congestion, so certainly not to be scared and also you can fully relax.

Wishing you all the very best!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Just remember to check your home HIV p24 for an accurate day. How many days

HIV P24 antigen test can start detecting hiv infection as early as about 1 week after the exposure. Many cases are detected about 2 weeks (= 14 days) after the exposure. About 95% of infected cases are detected between 1 and 8 weeks after exposure (about 7 days to 56 days). The advantage of doing hiv p 24 antigen test is it can start picking hiv early, and usually before the hiv antibodies can be detected in the blood.

Anyway your hiv tests will always come normal.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you very much. I appreciate your effort. I wish you a happy day

You are very welcome! I wish you too a happy day!

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
do you ECG early diagnoses heart attack before heart enzymes

Yes, as soon as the chest pain starts ecg is generally the first heart test conducted, heart enzyme blood test will be generally done after the ecg.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I mean early ECG? Or enzyme

ECG for early diagnosis, ecg can show heart attack as soon as chest pain begins, but heart enzyme takes much longer to get detected in the blood.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you aftear 10 munite I will open a new question. Another question is whether the CBC blood image is present and X-ray what is the natural analysis in foto
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Next
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Send new now question

You are very welcome! appreciate it, I have posted my answer under the new question already, please follow up there for further discussions.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)