Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have something going on in my right side groin area. It…

Customer Question
I have something going...

I have something going on in my right side groin area. It feels slightly uncomfortable most of the time. Sometimes when I am resting in my recliner i will get a little sharp pain shooting out of this area.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

I went to my doctor today and he checked me for a hernia and felt my right testicle. Nothing. Inconclusive visit. I asked if a cat scan to look at the area would be good. No, he said. But I know my body and something is not quite right. This has been going on for at least several months. After the sharp pain I just rub the area some and maybe take some tylenol.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had bypass surgery in 2014.

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Medical
3/27/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 29 days ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok

I agree, at least an ultrasound should be done for the evaluation.

If you do not have visceral symptoms (increased urinary frequency, urinary burning, heartburn, diarrhea/constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, bloating, gas, tenderness on abdomen), this is likely due to abdominal wall issue like groin strain. A pinched nerve in back can also cause these symptoms. MRI of back can show it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
is an ultrasound the best way or is a catscan better?
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
i would like to do further tests

Ultrasound is a very good modality and it does not have any radiation. Thus far safer and does not take time.

CT scan usually is indicated when there are significant visceral symptoms.

If we are suspecting, abdominal wall issues, ultrasound is better.

If abdominal viscera is suspected to be the culprit, CT is better imaging modality.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
How can I get a ct scan done when my dr says i don't need one?

If your pain and discomfort persists, he will get it done.

Groin pain can also be caused by;

1) Iliopsoas tendinitis

2) Groin injury

3) Pinched nerves in back

4) Hip tendonitis and bursitis

5) Osteitis pubis

6) Hip osteoarthritis.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor