Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have severe spastic pain in the lower left abdominal

Customer Question
I have severe spastic...

I have severe spastic pain in the lower left abdominal quadrant for last 4 - 5 days and it does not go away but is not getting worse. I am a man .,61 yrs old, I had mild fever just the 1st day and it went away, now I have diarrhea 1 - 2 x /day for the last 3 days, with black tarry stool, no bright red blood in the stool whatsoever. I felt loss of energy, probable because I worry too much. Do you think I have colon cancer ?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Kind of, because it is always on my mind . I don't have medical insurance so I have to pay cash to see a doctor or to have tests run, and I am really broke right now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, I never have this kind of pain before . I am pretty healthy so far

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medical
3/27/2018
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 4 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

I had this spastic pain all of a sudden without any prior warning, I never had a colonoscopy. I did not eat anything abnornmal

Colon cancer is extremely rare to present as acute onset symptoms.

One of the commonest cause for your symptoms is diverticulosis / diverticulitis. Diverticulum is blind pouch in the intestines where food gets stagnated and bacteria can flare up causing diverticulitis.

Treatment is antibiotics with probiotics.

You may get an ultrasound, CT scan and stool exam.

The black stool can be due to iron supplements or Pepto Bismol, if you were taking any.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

that is what I thought I have (diverticulitis) and I have been taking antibiotics for the last 3 days (augmentin and metronidazole - leftover from my previous dental treatment). how long do you think it will take for me to see improvements, right now it is NOT getting worse but the spastic pain is still there, worse at night when I sleep and better during the day when I am up and about but I notice the pain is still there. Do you think I need to see a doctor ? becuase I am very cash strapped, I can not afford to see a doctor
did I still get charged $50 for the phone call since I clicked the phone request button already

If your pain is moderate to severe with significant bloating or tenderness on abdomen, it is better to get a physical exam.

Apart from antibiotic, probiotics and liquid / semi solid diet (vegetable broth, coconut water and Gatorade) would likely further help you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

I am sorry, I cannot phone you.

We can continue here.

Charges are seen by site administration. We experts do not have clue about it. You may need to call customer care which is round the clock service.

this is not correct. you told me to call me for better communincaton and I agreed to pay $50 for that and now you told me yu can not call me and I have to type while I got charged $50 already

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

These offers are system generated.

you still have not answer my question ? my question is how long does it usus;;ay take to get better and do I reaaly need to see a doctor at this point ?
how can I complain to get the $50 charge reverse ?

Antibiotics usually take 3-4 days to show the substantial improvement.

These are customer care links:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Customer services

thanks a lot for your help, doctor

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

" I sincerely hope that I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Stay blessed.