Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Dr arun phophalia. what should i do for tonight

dr arun phophalia. what should i do for tonight
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018

You may take Tylenol.

It is safe.

Please remember symptoms are complex interplay of mind and body.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
good morning . Same problem but I think that the numbness getting spread on the body . the muscles and the tendons are getting harder the numbness on the lips are getting accentuated. I am trying to stretch the neck which is hard I think the fibre of the muscles is bunching up. I dont think there is a medication for this. Melatonine is for sleeping , flexiril is not helping I think for the nerves
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
the BP is ok 132/80. Could magnesium help you think. Is the same problem I get up stiff because of tightenning and after that is like the body is getting better but with tingling pins and needles. You are an expert on this things, You could think of something. Do you need any test do be done.To ask my family doctor. The neurolog made a bunch of test but is missing scan for neck and back which will take few months to be done
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
this is not an old men getting stiff when he sleeps, no sir

Magnesium supplements may help. No harm in trying that.

Melatonin has muscle relaxant action too.

Get an MRI of the neck and rest of the spine. Electromyography and nerve conduction velocity study too would help.

You are not too old, Mike.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I cant do MRI only CT scan. EMG has being done. I called the neurolog yesterday and the secretary told me he will see me when the CT scan will be done. Private CT scan is around 800 dollars for one part of the body. Melatonine with valium is OK ?

Melatonin won't cause significant issue with valium.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
how much magnesium and how much melatonine

Melatonin dose; 2 mg to 3 mg per day.

Magnesium; 350 mg/day.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
do I have to do a blood test if I am missing magnesium or is just a supliment

Its just a supplement.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Enthesitis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Enthesitis
Joint.svg
Typical Joint showing Enthesis
Classification and external resources
DiseasesDB 18256
[edit on Wikidata]
Enthesitis is inflammation of the entheses, the sites where tendons or ligaments insert into the bone.[1][2] It is also called enthesopathy, or any pathologic condition involving the entheses. The entheses are any point of attachment of skeletal muscles to the bone, where recurring stress or inflammatory autoimmune disease can cause inflammation or occasionally fibrosis and calcification. One of the primary entheses involved in inflammatory autoimmune disease is at the heel, particularly the Achilles tendon.It is associated with HLA B27 arthropathies like ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, and reactive arthritis.[3][4] Symptoms include multiple points of tenderness at the heel, tibial tuberosity, iliac crest, and other tendon insertion sites.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
In addition, adjacent bursitis is considered a sign of enthesitis. A positive power Doppler US signal consistent with increased vascularity may be found in active enthesitis.

If you see our older thread (about 4 years ago), I mentioned all these.

Your comprehensively rejected my this theory that time!!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hello doctor. spoke with the secretary of neurolog She told me that the EMG of the legs are almost normal.Isaw the cardiolog he told me that the rest of the arteryes sound OK The bp was 160 over 80. He did not like that .Gave me Altace 2.5 which I dont like to many side effectsThe presssure was higer because I forgat to take the 2 oclok valium. I went shoping for food and my neck and head was like stone. I think that you are right, but how can I convince my family dr
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
While walking in the store I was very dizzzy. I think as you said there is a panic factor involvef. All the insertions in the neck up and down are stiff so the temples. THe muscle or ligaments betwen the ribs are tight That is way I write you almost every day because you are a good doctor
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
do they give you any money for the membership that I pay?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
on the paper for blood test I wrote to do HLA- B27. I dont think that was done.

Thanks Mike for kind words.

Symptoms manifestations are combination of physical issues and our mental makeup / frame work. These change in the intensity due to out reaction to it.

We humans are not just body. We are mind too which many times play a bigger role.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
My family doctor will see me on 9 of aprile. Which speciality of doctor should I search for to put this matter to rest ?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
there is an enervation in the body I sat down in the car for a coffee for 30 minutes And I could hardly walk and the upper body was very stiff, when I got off the car.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
i prefer to pay then waiting like an idiot for my family doctor or 6 months to see a specialist for 15 minutes. They are taking seriously my blockage in the legs

The best specialist for these manifestations would be;

1) Rheumatologist.

2) MD in physical medicine.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
you mean physiatry doctor

Yes.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
good morning. the numbness is getting very serious.hands and face and top of the head with the feet stiff. same symptoms but very much accentuated. I woke up at 4.33am all numb i walked a bit around the room and i tried to sleep like that. i woke up even number. my family doctor is not here
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
i am going to a walk in clinic, but is not much that I expect

These are severe symptoms.

Let me know what walk in clinic diagnosed.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
she dismissed all my complains I asked about tendons insertion she gave me to make some neck exercices. NOw I have 156 pounds.The stiffness in the legs is coming from provacol, that what is saying In told her all the symptoms , I dont think she understood BP was OK.The whole body is in tingling, tendons on the upper legs are painful. SHe told me she knows that I have artritia and blockage to my legs ,but inj my mind I make it worst. What scares me is the lost of weight so fat, but I do not eat alot
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
this was my family doctor, before she was leaving

This is not proper handling by your primary doctor.

Question is; what are the options to take care of it.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Is getting worst, the only think to go to ER downtown and ask for help, but I dont think that is best solution, or to find a private dr. Today in the afternoon i walked 30 minutes with 2 stops and at the end I was nauseous. I drank a ginger tea and I eat a bit and i feel better. I am very worried by the loss of weight and the fact that this is progressing
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
IS TO ***** NOT A TERMINAL DISEASE,BUT IS MAKING MY LIFE MISERABLE AND i CANT WALK. I am in file to every major hospital so I dont think i will have a good help. They will send me to family dr. Could be the withdrawal to, but maybe a small persentage. Tell me when you want to close the thred
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
She told me if I want to have injections in my neck, will cost my 200 dollars..,but will not help is not only the neck now is the head and the chest. I dont think that this is cancer. , but I lose weight to fast.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
sorry for my writing but I am very upset

I can understand the reasons of being upset.

Medical system many times is impersonal.

So you need to find a best regime for yourself.

I can assure you that this not life threatening. I do understand that this is affecting your quality of life.

Whenever you are comfortable, you may provide rating on the thread.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
thank you. I will open an other one
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Do you think that the lost of weight is a combination of anxiety, withdrawal and not eating enough

You are most welcome, Mike.

Weight loss is due to anxiety causing loss of appetite. Withdrawal and not eating are the concomitant reasons.

In back of your mind you may be panicking that this may be a life threatening illness which is not being diagnosed or taken care off.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor