Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 45 year old female, no meds or allergies, 5'3 165

Customer Question
Hi, I'm 45 year...

Hi, I'm 45 year old female, no meds or allergies, 5'3 165 pounds. Center chest pain since Friday, hurts most when I breathe deeply and bend over. Relatively constant dull ache. Cannot pinpoint a particular activity that may have caused it, I'm pretty active. No illnesses in several years, no seasonal allergies or colds recently. A bit worried because I rarely get sick or have paint.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

NKA, multi viamin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The only thing is my gyro took me off BCP because my BP went 180/100. It has now stabilized to 140/85 or 90. Working on weight to bring it down more

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
3/26/2018
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 2 months ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

Does the pain radiate to other area?

Not really but my shoulders are tight, but I am a dental hygienist so it could be chronic from my job

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for your symptoms.
Central chest pain can be due to a few causes.
Heart disease like ischemia or less blood supply to it needs to be checked out first.
It can come from reflux of acid too.
Anxiety or stress can be associated.
It can come from musculoskeletal cause like muscle spasm, costochondritis.
Sometimes, lung issues like an infection, or inflammation like pneumonia/ pleurisy can cause it.
But as heart disease is of serious concern it should be excluded first.
If the symptom is continuing for a few days, I would advise to consult doctor to have an examination.
Doctor can take a few tests like EKG, blood work, echo to know the precise cause and have a management plan.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish you healthy life.
Regards.